INTENSE PULSED LIGHT
This is a non-invasive treatment using intense pulsed light beams. As compared to lasers which are only at a “fixed channel“ (wavelength), the light beams cover a “range of channels (a band). This band of light is able to perform a broad range of functions:
- Reverses the sign of photoaging
- Reduces redness & flushing
- Smooth skin
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Produces a healthy glow
- By reducing the fine wrinkling, freckles and irregular pigmentation
- By targeting enlarged capillaries(blood vessels)
- By reducing pore size
- By stimulating collagen
- By improving blood flow
- Besides the face, other commonly treated areas are the neck and arm areas.
- Chilled gel is applied to the area before light pulses are applied. The patient eyes are covered with protective goggles.
- Post treatment, there is an immediate glow to the skin as collagen is stimulated and blood flow is encouraged. Brown spots darken and then disappear after a week to 10 days. Patients should avoid direct sunlight just before and after the treatment.
- Improvements are steady and cumulative. Initially, monthly to twice monthly treatments produce the fastest results. Maintenance treatments can be performed very 2 months.